Are you ready for the chance to see the stars of Broadway’s smash hits Jersey Boys and Motown: The Musical live? You will have the opportunity when The Doo Wop Project comes to town for an appearance at the Livermore Valley Performing Center. Tracing the evolution of the doo wop sound from classic street corner harmonies to the top of the radio charts, The Doo Wop Project continues to be a favorite across all ages. Their authenticity of sound and vocal excellence recreate and reimagine favorite melodies of the era, as well as doo wop-inspired renditions of contemporary songs. The power and charisma of these gifted young performers of The Doo Wop Project bring the energy and magic of doo wop to a whole generation of fans.
Throughout the show, DWP takes audiences on a breathtaking journey from foundational tunes of the Crests, Belmonts, and Flamingos through influences on the sounds of Smokey Robinson, the Temptations, and the Four Seasons on through the likes of Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, and Jason Mraz. Without a doubt, DWP uses their one-of-a-kind sound and vocal excellence to recreate and reimagine some of the greatest music in American rock and pop history.
- Dominic Nolfi – Dominic is a founding member of DWP and currently performs on Broadway in A Bronx Tale – The Musical. He’s also performed in both of the World Premiere productions of A Bronx Tale and Jersey Boys at the Paper Mill Playhouse and La Jolla Playhouse.
- Charl – He was recently nominated for a 2013 Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical on Broadway. Charl is also featured on the Grammy Nominated Original Broadway Cast recording. You may have recognized Charl in Madam Secretary, Britain’s Got Talent, America’s Got Talent and recent Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parades.
- Fischer – At 5-foot-6, he boasts a tenor voice and falsetto range. He made his Broadway debut on his 22nd birthday in the role of Joe Pesci in Jersey Boys. Similar to Charl, Fischer is no stranger to TV appearance, as he’s been a part of the 2009 Tony Awards, several sports for 60 Second Sitcoms, and more.
- Dominic Scaglione Jr. – He was most recently seen in the role of Frankie Valli on Broadway. He holds the distinct honor of being personally asked by Valli to sing at his NJ Hall of Fame induction. In his earlier performing days, Dominic toured with acts including Christina Aguilera, Destiny’s Child, Beyonce, and Boyz 2 Men.
- Dwayne Cooper – The South Carolina native began his singing days with a Christian a cappella group called “The Cunningham Singers.” Dwayne is often referred to as a “triple threat” in that he’s reminiscent of the great Sammy Davis Jr. and Barry White. Dwayne has performed in the Broadways casts of Motown, Hairspray, and several national tours of Smokey Joe’s Cafe and Showboat.
DWP is set to make its appearance at the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center Sunday, June 11 at 3 p.m. The production will be held at the Bankhead Theater, with ticket prices ranging from $35 to $60.
You won’t want to miss this performance, so be sure to get your tickets early.