A range of summer enrichment programs is being offered to students in grades 3-19 by the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center beginning in June. Five camps give students the opportunity to be immersed in art, music, or theater at the Bothwell Arts Center and Bankhead Theater. Interactive, hands-on experiences are offered in art, songwriting, writing, theatrical performance, and graphic design or filmmaking. Enrollment is now open and some classes have limited space available.
The summer program begins June 10 with the first of three sessions of Summer Art at the Bothwell. Each session includes separate programs for ages 4-6, 7-10, and 11-17, closing with an artist’s exhibit to showcase completed works for family and friends. Students can enroll in subsequent sessions as different projects are completed each time. Two of the camps are offered in collaboration with other organizations: Bay Area Children’s Theater (BACT) will offer a musical theater camp and Bits, Bytes and Pixels will present graphic design and animated short filmmaking. The popular songwriting camp with Derik, Riana and Dalten Nelson return for the third year in July as does the Creative Writing Camp.
Summer Enrichment Programs include:
Summer Art at the Bothwell
- Offers three one-week sessions which include projects using various media from watercolor, acrylic, and pencils to clay, fabrics, and more
- June 10-14, June 24-28, July 15-19
- Ages 4-6, 7-10, 11-17
Musical Theater Camp
- Together with Bay Area Children’s Theatre (BACT), this program takes students through daily fun and engaging exercises learning techniques and rehearsing as they work with professional instructors to prepare for a fully staged student production of Beauty and the Beast on the Bankhead stage.
- June 17-28
- Ages 7-14
Summer Songwriting Workshop
- Led by sibling/songwriters Derik Nelson & Family, this program helps teens build singing, songwriting, and performance skills, as well as explore the use of media in music today. Derik, Riana and Dalten will be performing their own show at the Bankhead at the close of the week.
- July 8-12
- Ages 11-18
Graphic Design & Animated Short Filmmaking
- Together with Bits, Bytes and Pixels, this program inspires students to create fun projects while learning professional software. Modules are designed to expand their creative and technical skills while combining an art and science focus.
- June 10-21 and July 22-26
- Ages 10+
Creative Writing Camp
- This enrichment program lets students expand their storytelling skills while strengthening fundamental writing skills such as sentence structure, vocabulary use, narrative creation, and learning how to analyze and correct drafts.
- July 8-12
- Ages 8-17
For camp fees, registration, and other information, be sure to check out our classes page. Special prices are available for Livermore residents and a limited number of scholarships are available through the LVPAC Education Fund. For more information, contact Kiran Guleria, Education Program Manager, at 925-583-2312 or email@example.com.
Here at the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center, we are proud to offer wide-ranging programs that provide access to the arts for the Tri-Valley community and beyond. Extensive educational outreach programs include in-school student assemblies, community cultural events, classes, workshops, and camps, as well as subsidized $20 student tickets to most performances throughout the year. Major annual events including cultural celebrations, ArtWalk, and the recent Livermore Innovation Fair helps connect classroom learning with the wider world.
Located in the heart of downtown Livermore at 2400 First Street, the Bankhead Theater welcomes artists from diverse musical genres, as well as theatre, dance, comedy, and other entertainment for all ages. The Bothwell Arts Center at 2466 Eighth Street is an arts incubator, offering affordable studio, classroom, rehearsal, performance, and event space. Art exhibits curated by the Bothwell are on display year-round in the Gallery at the Bankhead Theater. Together the two are home to nine resident performing arts companies and other 40 studio artists and cultural arts instructors.